Keep A Watch On Your Kids With The Best Baby Monitor of 2014
Baby Monitor is an amazing safety device which will help you keep an eye on your kid while you are not around. You may take a nap or work in kitchen or clean your house without any worries as it alerts you if the baby wakes up and starts crying or makes any noise.
Watch My Tot provides you helpful reviews and comparison of these products which in turn will help you pick the safest and best baby monitor.
Top 3 Baby Monitors Comparison
- PRODUCT IMAGE
- FREE SHIPPING
- DISCOUNTED PRICE
Top 3 Baby Monitor Reviews
The Dropcam HD WiFi is a Wi -Fi enabled with high resolution webcam which has two-way audio capability. It offers easy installation and also flexible easy mounting options. You will also be able to view the video remotely through the Internet or when you are using an iOS or even an Android mobile device through free Dropcam app. There is no service charge for live viewing of the base. DVR functionality is with a paid plan and recorded video is stored in the cloud.
- Sleek Design: The Dropcam has a pretty interesting design and is small enough; it can also be connected to your computer with ease. The camera can be removed from its position, but most people leave in its stand and set it on a flat surface or mounted on a wall.
- Tilt and Rotate: You can manually tilt and rotate the camera in any position. It has a fixed lens, which means that there is no optical zoom; though it provides 4x digital zoom.
- Two-Way Talk: Dropcam has wonderful features in form of a built-in microphone and speaker so you can speak or hear both what is going on in a room and talk to everyone in the room through the camera. Another nice improvement: Construction of the new camera is even easier than the old one.
- HD Streaming: The Dropcam HD has a wider angle lens in the camera than the original Axis cameras, and it is certainly much sharper. In addition, because it has a higher image resolution, you can also blow up the image on your computer screen and hold much more detail. It gives you a bigger picture with more depth to it, which means that things appear in the background in focus. You can get a good photo without a great internet connection.
- Intelligent Alerts: Whenever your baby makes noises or moves, the app notifies you with alerts
- Night Vision: Dropcam Video Monitoring Camera comes with a very good quality night vision, which means that you can keep an eye on your baby during the night time.
Dropcam HD Wi-Fi is an excellent choice for anyone who points out a slight camera Web-enabled remote monitoring, configuration quick and easy. It is a good production in the world of webcams. If you want to use this device in the best appropriate way then it is highly recommended to read all reviews along with product description. After using this wonderful product I have come to the point that it has made everything easy for the user. Without any doubt it is simple in use and very innovative in any sense. Dropcam has opened the new horizon for users in a world of enjoyment.
The AVENT Basic Baby Monitor with DECT Technology is a new product by Philips. This sleek and discreet baby monitor provides comfort for baby and peace of mind for parents. The AVENT Basic Baby Monitor with DECT Technology offers baby zero interference.
You will never have to worry about muffled noises as DECT technology provides crystal clear adjustable sound. This monitoring system lets your child sleep safely while you are free to wander as far as 330 m. And forget about remembering to charge the monitor, as the AVENT Basic Baby Monitor with DECT Technology comes with a 24 hour battery life.
- Comfort with Clear Sound: High quality sound makes you feel like baby is right in the room with you.
- 24 Hour Battery Life: This modern, cordless monitor gives parents the ability to enjoy baby time without having to remember to charge the battery for 24 hours.
- LED Noise Level Display: Lights respond to the level of sound in the baby’s room. When sound level rises above your specialized setting, you will be notified.
- Remote Activated Lullabies with Nightlight: From the baby unit or parental unit, activate any of five lullabies to lull your baby to sleep. Also activate a nightlight from any room in the home. (Remote activation not available in the United States).
- Soothe Baby with Talk Back: With one click of a button on the parental unit, be able to talk to your baby through their unit.
- Temperature Monitor: An electronic temperature sensor on the baby unit will alert you to the temperature levels in the baby’s room.
- Extra Long Range: This monitor will give you the freedom to roam while staying connected to your baby. The 300m range, belt clip, and neck cord make this the perfect monitor for mobile parents.
- Know When You Are Connected: When the power is low and you are out of range, an indicator light illuminates on the parental unit.
- Dect Technology: Eliminates interference from any other transmitting products like cordless phones, other monitors, and cell phones. Data encryption adds an extra level of security to the monitor.
This premiere monitor is one of the best baby units on the market. Great features and peace of mind make this the perfect choice for the whole family.
The Samsung SEW-3037W Wireless Pan Tilt Video Baby Monitor Infrared Night Vision and Zoom, 3.5 inc has been specifically designed to ensure the safety of your child no matter where you are. Through some of the greatest features that you can find in any other product, it ensures that your child is safe at all times.
This monitor comes with numerous features and has multiple safety benefits. There are some cons with this product as well but its brighter side supersedes the negatives. One of the best sellers with great reviews, this product has been an ideal choice for parents all over the world.
- A 3.5” LCD display. This offers a high color resolution that ensures high quality images. The monitor also has a 2.4 GHz signal that is very secure and free from interference. The monitor also offers a VGA (640×480) resolution to ensure high quality images.
- The monitor comes with a Remote control pan, zoom and tilt. This one helps in the rotation of the monitor to enable one to view the surroundings of the area where your child sleeps. This is important in that one will be able to spot any danger that might lurk around your child.
- To add on this, the monitor has a remote controlled in-built light that helps to soothe your child to sleep. This means that you don’t have to go through all the trouble of soothing your child to sleep. It also means that you don’t have to stay up late watching your child as they will asleep almost immediately when they are around the monitor.
- The 2 way talk audio built-in mic and a speaker enables you talk to the child while quietly soothing them to sleep. It also enables you listen to them when they stir. This will also help you know whether the child is sleeping or not. The mic also has a quiet mode feature that enables one remove the background noise that may wake your child. This monitor has the ability of being expanded up to four cameras. This means that you can monitor even more than one child.
- The pure digital signal that is able to send signals that are not interfered with up to a distance of 900” (274m). This ensures that you can be able to pick up a signal many meters away from your child. The monitor LEDs are able to indicate up to 5 levels of sound.
- The monitor has a night vision that is able to view about 15 ft in the dark. This helps you to know what is going on in your child’s room even when there are on lights. The monitor also has a low battery warning. These are usually is an IR LEDs that is non-visible. This means that it does not distract your child’s good night’s sleep.
- The monitor has a standby mode that enables it to conserve power in that if there isn’t a noise for a considerable time (around one minute), the monitor shuts the screen in the VOX mode. The monitor will turn immediately turn on the screen upon detecting some noise.
- One of the great safety benefits that this monitor offers is that the monitor will always ensure that you know the whereabouts of your child. This is made possible by the combination of several features like the pure digital signal, the night vision mode and the 2 way talk audio. Therefore one does not have to worry about something bad happening to their child.
- The remote controlled pan and tilt will also ensure that one is able to know what is in the child’s room therefore they can spot anything harmful to the child and therefore remove it.
In my opinion however, anyone who holds the welfare of their kids at heart should go ahead and buy this monitor as it is very efficient in keeping the child safe from any harm. It also eases the work of monitoring the child as one can be in a different room from that of the child and still take care of the child while doing other things. Therefore the price of the monitor should not discourage one as the services it offers are worth more than what one pays for it.
My Top Picks for the Best Baby Monitors
I have picked top rated baby monitors from each category. It will help you narrow down your search. Here are my top picks:
Best Video Baby Monitor: While reviewing the best baby monitors in video category, Samsung SEW-3037W topped the charts. With so many useful and necessary features and positive reviews from parents, this product deserves the spot.
Best iPhone Baby Monitor: If you are looking for iPhone compatible monitor, Withings Smart Baby Monitor wins the race.
Best WiFi Baby Monitor: When it comes to home surveillance or child safety & security, there is no match for Dropcam Pro Wi-Fi Monitor. It is also the best product in the top rated baby monitors category at Amazon.
Best Audio Baby Monitor: For some parents, there is no need for video or Wi-Fi. These choose audio monitors over others. If you are one among these, you should go with Philips AVENT Dect Basic. This is one of the top baby monitors and ranks best in this category.
Cheapest Baby Monitor: If you do not want to spend too much money on these devices, do not worry. VTech Communications Safe & Sound is a gem among cheap baby monitors which comes with quality and safety. More than thousand of parents have reviewed this product and rated it among top three at Amazon.
What is a Baby Monitor?
A baby monitor, which is also known as a baby alarm is basically an audio system or an audio-visual system that can be used to remotely listen to sounds of the baby and/or watch the kid with the help of video unit, thus helping you to monitor over your baby even at a time when you are not present in the same room physically. Perhaps, you baby is sleeping while you are engaged in other things in another part of your house then as soon as he or she wakes up or start crying, you will readily get informed by this device. Essentially a baby alarm is made in such a way that it has a radio system with an audio monitor that has a transmitter unit and equipped with a microphone, put next to the kid or it can be equipped with a camera and a visual unit through with you can keep an eye on your baby.
Types of Baby Monitors
Baby monitors can be categorized into 4 types which are as following:
An audio monitor helps you listen to sounds of your baby. When he/she is awake and starts making sound, you will get to know with the help of this device. It comes with a parent unit which allows you to listen to every noise inside the baby room. Parent can carry this unit with them while working.
A video baby monitor comes with a camera and a visual display unit. Apart from listening to the sounds made by baby, you can also watch him. It gives an additional layer or safety as if your infant starts moving inside the room, you will get to know what he or she is up-to. In addition to safety features, it allows you to save the best moments of your baby like the cute smile he or she makes or the first steps of the baby in case if you are not around.
A WiFi baby monitor can be an audio or video monitor, supporting transmission over the WiFi. It does not use radio frequency and connects with your home network. The data transmission takes place over the WiFi.
Since the inception of smartphones, it has become an integral part of our lives. Some parents are more active and use smartphones very frequently and want everything on their phone. Couple of companies brought infant monitors which can be connected with iOS apps, hence allow you to keep a track of your baby on your iPhone.
Child monitors are known to possess lots of advantages. Co sleeping with your baby in the same room is not a good idea as there is always an increased risk of SIDS. Babies are put in their own room and that is why these monitors play a very essential role in monitoring the child while they are not near you. Moreover, with the modern day working, parent that may not have support for a joint family kind of system, where another party would lend a hand to the care of the baby, this device plays a very significant role in monitoring the child while you are not in the proximity.
Secondly if your baby has some medical conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, sleep apnea and requires to be monitored constantly, then this device comes quite in handy. Any abnormal behavior with the baby can be monitored or the device will alert you if there is any activity in the baby’s room.
However, indispensable as these devices may seem, they are not without some disadvantages or flaws. These devices sometimes may be deceptive given that they may interfere with signals from your neighbor’s house and vice versa. Another flip side of this device is that some of these may be too sensitive towards the sound thus detecting even the slightest movements or sounds can trigger the alarm thus waking up everyone in the room. Furthermore as the baby’s caretaker or the mother, you will end up having quite an interrupted sleep from every single movement or sound that a healthy baby makes during their sleep.
Points to Consider Before Buying
With numerous products in the shelf, there are plenty of options for your needs. You need to identify that which will serve the purpose that you require it to serve. Some of the features that you need to look into are:
Security, Frequency and Size
These are also features that one needs to consider before he or she decides to purchase a particular monitor. One needs to look for monitor that offers the digitally enhanced security technology as they are the most secured with an encrypted images and sounds. The 1.9 gigahertz band baby monitor offers the most secured and longer range of area coverage. In addition the size of these devices allows for the easy of movement around the house. The smaller the device the more easily you can carry it around.
Other features that one can check before they are able to buy a particular child monitor is the power options like the monitor runs on main power or it works on battery. If the monitor is battery based, how long the battery lasts. A sound activated light, a multiple receiver to allow you to walk with one as you leave the second one at home as well as a temperature tracker to enable you monitor the baby’s room temperature. If you want to monitor your baby at night, you may require a product with night vision supported by infrared technology. Some products come with night light and lullabies which help soothe your baby while sleeping. Temperature sensor can turn out to be a good option if the temperature of your house varies time to time.
A baby monitor being an electronic device requires to be handled with a lot of precautionary measures lest it harm the infant or cause unprecedented accident when the caretaker is not in the vicinity. If this device has a long cord, ensure that it is out of reach from the baby otherwise the baby might grab it and end up causing harm. Remember that the device should not be installed within 3 feet of the reach of the baby.
Furthermore, try not to place this device near water, this might cause electric shock and eventually end up creating an unprecedented damage.
Consider your budget before buying a monitor. Audio monitors are less expensive as compared to their video counterparts. Price is also dependent on the features of these items, the more the features, the higher the price will be.
Check out our Ultimate Comparison Guide which will help you choose the best baby monitor for your kid or you can read our baby monitor reviews to get an idea of the product you are planning to purchase. Keep in mind that no product is complete. You should choose the right one which suits your needs and solves your purpose. Do not buy cheap crappy product as it is a matter of the safety of your precious one.
And at the last, we wish you “Happy Parenting” as every parent should enjoy this phase without worries and concerns with child’s safety.